Wow! My third nomination for this award, you lovelies are just too kind! This time around, I owe my nomination to the lovely Oaktown Vibes, I highly recommend you stop by his blog because it just about blew my mind! His goal is very similar to mine; he’s aiming to spread positivity and help people reach their full potential as well. I’m honored to have been considered the third time for this wonderful award that recognizes “bloggers who are positive and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.”
To answer oaktown vibes’ questions…
- I’m originally from God. In my culture, we believe that God lives in everyone and that human beings are essentially souls that were separated from God and must return to Him.
- My ultimate passion in life is to fight the stigmas and misconceptions around mental health so that psychology can be more accessible to the average person.
- I hope to spread positivity with my blog be it through philosophy, psychology, my meditation journal, or poetry.
- I’d recommend The Icemark Chronicles. It’s basically a book series that revolves around a warrior princess, Thirrin, whose kingdom is in immense danger and, her dad died, so the weight of the country quite literally falls on her 13 year-old shoulders. I adored all of the characters in it, the storyline is downright amazing and surprisingly relatable in some instances, so hands down I recommend it to you. “Blood, blast, and fire!”
- Not right now, but I’d love to return to Hilo one day. My family went there on vacation this summer and I fell in love with the place. I love the idea of the Aloha spirit, their nature is gorgeous, and their climate is exactly like a rainforest — humid but rainy. (I love rain and despise dry heat.) My brother and I hope to retire there and maybe even live together/as neighbors. Depends on who gets married and whatnot.
- My dad has influenced me the most. My dad used to be an avid meat-eater and, around the time I was born, he started thinking about animals and how upset he’d be if an animal ate me. So wasn’t he in the wrong by eating these animals’ kids/parents/friends? He’s been a vegetarian ever since. However, he still struggled with his weight — he was quite overweight pretty much my whole life. Then, about a year and a half ago he had enough. He couldn’t stand having to suck his gut in, not liking what he saw in the mirror, the increased health risks, and all that. He went on a ketone diet for a month I want to say which was basically this all-liquid diet with supplements for minerals and nutrients. It was ROUGH. Then, he transitioned back to food but on this low carb, moderate fat, low sugar diet. He doesn’t see it as a diet anymore. He sees it as a lifestyle. And here’s the best part. My dad found himself on his quest to lose weight. I don’t know if it was the sheer difficulty or if it was just him pursuing his lifelong dream to return to his college weight but he grew so much as a person and witnessing that take place day by day in my own house was one of the most rewarding things I’ve experienced.
- I’m not actually sure who’s brain I’d want to pick. I don’t think about that stuff usually.
- I’m happy with who I am. There aren’t any traits I wish I had.
- Being alive makes me happy because it means I get one more day to chase down my dreams, spend time with the ones I love, and make a difference in the world. Literally and metaphorically. If everything is a force, then my existence in itself changes reality. Then, there’s my dream of fighting the stigmas around mental health.
- You CAN do anything, okay? It’s not sappy, it’s the truth. If you can make yourself believe something is confusing or difficult, you can make yourself believe it’s within your ability. Once you get that out of the way, it’s only the matter of actually accomplishing said task.
To answer Namitha’s questions…
- I’d actually prefer skydiving because, even though I’d be terrified, I’d love to feel like I’m flying. Even if that means hurtling towards the ground at hundreds of miles per hour (?) with nothing but a parashoot to save my soul.
- I’m an outdoor person. Period. Love nature, love the rain, love the lack of furniture, love everything about it.
- My favorite thing to do is listen to music. Because I will do anything if the right song is playing. 😉
- I’m a doggie person, I love doggies! (Cats just seem too heartless to me.)
- I made my blog so I could rant about the American middle-class life and psychology while spreading around my unconventional crafts.
- In 10 years, I see myself living in an apartment somewhere far away from where I’m right now. I have a well-paying job, I’m single, I’m still blogging, and I have a YouTube channel.
- My phobia is a little complicated. I’d rather not put it here because it’s long-winded and now isn’t the time to ramble about it.
- KPOP motivates me to achieve my goals. And positive self-talk.
- I like nice people.
- I’d like to be able to fly without having to throw myself out of an airplane.
- I haven’t read in a while but I love fantasy books. BUT NOT THESE GARBAGE FANTASY ROMANCE YA BOOKS. My apologies to everyone who likes those…but I despise them. I prefer fantasy books with a storyline and characters with goals in life. (E.g. Ranger’s Apprentice, Inkheart, Dragon Rider.) OK, I admit it, I’m a Cornelia Funke fangirl.
To answer ramblinkori’s questions…
- I’ve never watched a single episode of Doctor Who so I can’t say I like or dislike it.
- My favorite movie is “Real Steel.” Its underdog theme really hit home for me and I’ve never seen such excellent robot dancers before!
- Three people I want to punch: Donald Trump, Donald Trump, and Donald Trump.
- Three people I want to hug: Ramblingkori because she nominated me <3, my dad because I want him to stay strong, and my soul sister because I still love her even though we’re probably never going to talk to each other again.
- I feared bullies as a child. 😛
- I’m not an adult for another month but, as the mature 17 year old that I totally am, I fear the first day of university.
- I’m different in literally every way now compared to 5 years ago. I went from being a pessimist to an optimist, my locus of control went from external to internal, and a whole lot more.
- I want Spiderman’s abilities because I’m obsessed with Spiderman.
- I don’t watch Game of Thrones, everytime I read about it in the news I shudder and want to cry.
- My favorite food is the kind you can eat.
DON’T MAKE ME CHOOSE, KORI.
- What inspires you to blog?
- Who’s your favorite singer/band right now?
- Who’s your favorite superhero and why?
- How many times have you had a near-death experience (NDE?)
- 1-story or 2-story house?
- What is one thing you wish you could change about your life?
- What is one of the best life decisions you’ve made?
- If you could tell your self from 10 years ago one thing, what would you say?
- How do you get out of bed in the morning? (Throw the covers off, roll out, etc.)
- Would you rather lose your eyesight or hearing?
- Thank the person that nominated you.
- Answer the questions from your nominator.
- Nominate fellow bloggers you follow.
- Give them 10 questions to answer.