First off, I want to apologize for those of you lovelies reading this post for the fifth time! I just got nominated by Sweta Ojha for this award (in addition to ramblingkori, jadecostello for Sweta Ojha, Namitha, and dreameronacloud.)
I changed up the facts so this post wouldn’t be too repetitive but I’d like to first emphasize how honored, and shocked, I am to have received this award again. It means so much to me that people all across the world are reading my blog and enjoying it (?)
This award is given to deserving blogs with less than 1000 followers and it typically recognizes “the quality of the writing, the uniqueness of the subjects covered, the level of love displayed in the words on the virtual page, [and] the quality of the photographs and the level of love displayed in the taking of them.”
I pulled this description straight from the VBA blog, you can read more here if interested. Without further ado, the seven random facts about me!
- Every time I see a view on my blog from a different country, I balk at the power of the Internet. I just got a reader from Japan the other day and that was just the coolest thing ever! International loveeee.
- I almost fell off a waterfall once. Probably one of my more intense near-death-experiences (NDE’s,) although, I think my incident while driving comes pretty close.
- The tips of my hair have the same texture as the bristles on a broomstick. I like to pretend that it expresses my edgy personality and doesn’t just make any form of hair styling impossible.
- I sing in the mirror and dance in the shower. Becky G has it completely backwards and I’m disgusted. 😉
- I would gladly give up all chips for BBQ Corn Nuts. The only problem is that I have braces and crunchy, roasted corn kernels are the epitome of broken wires. (Also, my dad decided to buy me ALL the Corn Nuts our local Lucky’s had months before I got my braces. I told him it was a mistake and now they’re still sitting there two years later…)
- One time, I lost a baby tooth after biting into a king size Hershey’s chocolate bar that my neighbor gave me for Halloween. The tooth literally fell out of my gum onto my tongue and I spat it out.
- I had to make a self-portrait for my art class last year that’s now hanging in my room (I really liked how it turned out.) The most interesting part of this process was that initially I drew myself how I thought I should look, but my art teacher told me it didn’t look like me. That’s when I really tried to look at how I actually look and it was just a great body acceptance experience.
The 10 nominees I STILL stand strongly by today are…
- The Green Dog Chronicles
- Meet Me in Nevada
- A BLISS OF BIRDS
- The Shimmer Within Her
- Jade Costello
- Creating K.I.N.G.