As you lovelies know, I won a giveaway from A Farm Girl’s Life, a dream come true, and made a terrarium out of it. I can’t thank her enough for making my dreams come true, and now I’m here to show you lovelies how to make your very own! Enjoy!
To start with, you want to find a suitable container to serve as your terrarium. If you plan on piling on different layers of things, or you want to use a particularly tall centerpiece such as a votive candle, you’ll want to use a traditional mason jar or something similar.
I went with the several different layers look, so I used a mason jar alternative, and the key is to fill your jar so that nothing gets crushed or steals all the attention.
This is how I placed my decorations from bottom-up:
- Decorative rocks (you can buy some here or pillage them from your backyard)
- Faux moss (you can buy it from here or here)
- White sand (I pillaged it from my backyard but you can buy it from here or here)
- Dirt (if you can’t pillage this….you can get some potting soil from here or here)
- Clay decorations (you can buy them from Allison here or make your own using this oven bake clay)
- Don’t forget to tie a pretty bow on top! Unless bows aren’t your thing. I’m not judging.
And there you have it! Your very own terrarium in a jar! I hope you lovelies enjoyed this tutorial and are able to do something with it. As always, if you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to ask in the comments below. I’ll do my best to answer them! Do any of you lovelies plan on making some terrariums for the holiday season? Did this post inspire you? Let me know!
Have you entered my Amazon gift card giveaway? If not, make sure to enter here!