This award goes to “amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.” – Okoto Enigma
To start with, I’m absolutely honored to be held in such a high regard to recieve this award; I honestly think it’s one of the coolest blogging awards out there. (Don’t get me wrong, I equally appreciate all of the lovelies who nominated me for other awards!) I’ve said it before and, I will say it again, I’m beyond ecstatic to see my blog and myself growing each day.
Unfortunately, this will probably me my last post for a couple weeks. I plan on taking a hiatus so that I can re-asses, re-charge and listen to what others have to say. (That means I’ll likely still be commenting and liking your posts in sporadic bursts.) I will definitely see you lovelies again come the New Year, it may be a little earlier, but without further ado…the Mystery Blogger Award!
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- Nominate 10-20 bloggers
- Notify your nominees
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice with one weird or funny question. (Make sure to specify.)
- Share a link to your best post(s).
3 Things About Me That You Should Know!
- I mayyy be a mutant. I was talking to my dad the other day about my jaw surgery and all and I was legitimately wondering…was my underbite/crossbite the result of a mutation? For me to inherit the gene (if there’s such a gene) both of my parents would have had to carry it. Nobody in my dad’s family had an underbite or crossbite going back 3 generations (and probably not even before that.) We’re not entirely sure about my mum’s side because most of her siblings haven’t even been to an orthodontist but the principle still stands. Will I ever know the truth? I’m not sure.
- I love apple juice and apple cider but apples make me throw up.
- I’m obsessed with 3D printing and I honestly think it’s the coolest thing that has been invented in the 21st century. Here’s the best part: I signed up for a 3D printing art class next quarter!!!!!
My 5 Questions
- Coffee or tea? Why?
- What can I do to improve my blog?
- If you don’t have an answer to this, just tell me something you like about my blog. If there’s nothing you like about my blog…I’d like to ask you why you’re reading it anyway.
- What’s the most disgusting non-food item that you’ve tasted? (Weird & funny)
- As an example, Johnson’s baby shampoo is the most disgusting non-food item that I’ve tasted.
- From where do you draw the inspiration for your blog?
- What’s the best book you’ve read this past year and why? (Looking for books to read over holiday break)
My Top Posts
I wrote this post a few months back to talk about the do-good-feel-good phneonmenon. You know…when you do something nice for someone and, you technically don’t get anything in return, but you feel all warm and fuzzy inside?
This post is really important to me because it chronicles one of my best methods to maintaining inner peace.
Meditation Journal Entry #6: What If?
“What if I fail?” But what if you succeed?
Winter as Life
Yet another one of my challenges of traditional viewpoints. For most people, Winter represents death. For me, it represents new life.
Lost and Found
One of my favorite poems that I’ve written on here.
- Best brand new blog I’ve encountered in the past week. The life lessons and messages you will find here are 100% relevant and 300% authentic.
- Oaktown Vibes
- I don’t think it’s possible to come this site without leaving feeling happier/more motivated.
- CREATING K.I.N.G.S
- If you ever wondered what a crossover between badassery, inspiration, and mindfulness would look like…see it here.
- The Shimmer Within Her
- Everything about this blog echoes good vibes and authenticity.
- Life Confusions
- The moving poetry catalog you didn’t know you needed in your life.
- LIVING AND LEARNING
- I love her unique take on life. She’s seen through things thick and thin and isn’t afraid to talk about either. You’ll be grateful for it.
- flashlight batteries
- More touching poetry you didn’t know you needed in your life. Also this is a .blog which instantly makes it cooler (at least to me.)
- A more cutesy take on positivity and mindfulness. Smile!
- MINIMAL BELLE
- Best new-old blog I’ve stumbled across in the past week. A fellow minimalist who isn’t afraid to be herself and has a thing for mindfulness. Need I say more?
- Dreamer on a Cloud
- Personal, inspiring, and very well written.
- a bliss of birds
- Just as I consider her a fearless blogger, I consider her motivational and her passion pours into everything she writes.
Thank you again so much again, Nyse, for nominating me for this wonderful blogging award. I’m beyond elated to be writing this post and my heart goes out to all you lovelies reading this — whether I nominated or you not.
Even though I’m taking a hiatus, my Amazon gift card giveaway is still open! Make sure to enter here if you haven’t already!