Based on this way this challenge has been going so far, I decided to change my approach a little bit. At the end of each week, I’m going to nominate blog posts that echo surpassing expectations. Because I see all these amazing stories on here each day and I want you lovelies to experience them too. However, you’re still open to share your #boundlessmoments, I know that I will for sure. Without further ado…
My #boundlessmoment this week would have to be when I did some relief printing in my Art class!
It’s easy to do I promise. All it requires is a pencil and some charcoal to draw the design on transfer paper, a soft block of clay to carve into, and a X-acto knife to cut away the design. Always cut away from your hand!
Something to remember with relief printing is you need to reverse your design on the clay block or else it’ll print backwards. (As you can see my J is backwards on the clay and forward on the paper.) When it came to cutting, I cut everything besides the J, so it’s raised as you can see. (If you lovelies are familiar with the concept of negative space, it’s a lot like that.)
Once I did that that, all I had to do was roll on ink and press the design onto a paper. Simple!
Now, I just want to say that at no point did I have any idea what I was doing, but I just went for it and I think it turned out really well. It’s not perfect, but I like the minor flaws, I think they give the piece character.
Now for the #boundlessmoments I’ve seen across WordPress…
- The Purple Almond got honest about her past and gave back.
- BEXoxo opened up about her experiences as a victim of sexual assault.
- Untangled let her son be her therapy dog.
- Being Lydia regularly features guests post about mental health and/or illness. This post is just one example, but it’s definitely a series worth following.
- Meditating Millenial meditated in the rain.
- Cyranny’s cove sent off 9 critters all across the country.
- Beauty Beyond Bones faced down her triggers.
P.S. I don’t mean to spoil, but I have am extra special post coming on Monday so you can anticipate that. 🙂
P.P.S. Let me know what you think about this new approach! And keep sharing your stories, lovelies, because who knows? You may be in next week’s post 🙂