My inner writer has officially checked out of my temple. I’ve literally wrote thousands of words over the past week and have a couple more awaiting on the horizon. I thought taking yesterday off would help, but I’m just as speechless as ever.
In the meantime, enjoy this photo I took while emulating a travelling mindset and my life update:
- I have another Math test next week that’ll likely coincide with my dad’s job interview. Again. Because the universe refuses to allow me to feel 1-2 emotions at a time.
- I’m in talks with an awesome mental health news website about guest posting for them.
- Drowning myself in herbal tea has never been easier because, as of yesterday, I learned a kickass DIY mint tea recipe thanks to this lovely gal: @LuluDigitale.
- I spammed my Pinterest board descriptions with hashtags as per Zoe Linda’s advice and got 7 followers in a day. Given that I’ve been slowly losing my followers, I see this is as a win.
- I debated topics ranging from whether to self-host my blog or go to WordPress Premium (choosing to self-host because I can’t live with the risk of waking up to no blog) to the nature of human of human existence. Fun Fact: According to Immanuel Kant, a German philosopher, and quantum physics we literally see what we want to see, hear what we want to hear, and so on. Therefore, our perception of reality is biased and could be straight-up wrong.
- I drove alone with my grandmother for the first time. See, a rock struck my mum’s eye and I had to drive my dad to her work so he could pick her up, and my grandmother tagged along for the ride there and back. I know it sounds mundane, but the last time I was alone in a car with my grandmother was when I was 6 years old. Obviously she was the one doing the driving, but she’d take me to elementary school everyday until I transferred schools in 3rd grade. We would laugh and joke the entire way.
- I re-organized and cleaned out my room. As a minimalist, I find this disproportionately freeing.
- I met two people on Twitter who support the ace/aro community! As the invisible sexuality, I can’t even tell you how amazing it feels to find someone who actually knows what the ace spectrum is let alone not fear or judge it. News Flash: Not everyone experiences sexual and/or romantic attraction.
- I set a new goal to start using more of my own pictures for this blog. While free stock photos do look amazing, I want to use my voice in other ways as well and I got a huge confidence boost in my photography skills after my brief encounter with wanderlust.
- All the photos in this post are mine so I think I’m off to a good start 🙂
That about sums up everything worth mentioning from the past week. Please excuse the egregious writing. I’m too dead inside to actually care, but I didn’t want to leave you lovelies in the dark.