First off, I’d like to apologize for my unexplained absence on here. Life happened and I suddenly found myself unable to post on here, but the trouble has passed and I’m back! Now I know that my blog technically is award free, but I’m making an exception this time because I think the Liebster Award is the coolest thing ever. Thank you so much greendogchronicles for nominating me for this lovely award!
Here are the rules for the lovelies I will nominate:
- Acknowledge the blog who nominated you and display the award.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 blogs.
- Notify those blogs of the nomination.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
11 Questions For Me
If you could erase a moment in your life, which would it be and why?
- As you lovelies know, I choose to live without regrets because I think they’re negative and unproductive, so I wouldn’t want to erase any moment of my life. My experiences have made me who I am for better or worse and I’m proud of who I am. I’m happy to be myself, I’m in love with my life, and I wouldn’t trade what I have for anything. And I believe that each and every one of you lovelies can feel the same way too if you try hard enough.
Who’s your favourite literary heroine?
- My favorite literary heroine would have to be Penyrn from Susan Ee’s “Angelfall.” For those of you who aren’t familiar with this book, it’s a post-apocalyptic fantasy novel set in Silicon Valley. As the title may suggest, the angels in this book are more interested in killing humans than protecting them. Now, the book is written in first-person limited omniscient, so you get to know Penryn really well, but not completely. The author does a really good job of telling you just enough to get a feeling of what Penryn’s like, but not enough to know what chaos she holds inside her head. (Penryn actually references a metaphorical vault where she stores all of her bad memories and pain which I thought was really cool.) The best thing about Penryn is that her humanity shows through the story so much. She loves her family and will do whatever it takes to get her sister back, but she’s no superhero. Anyway, I think you lovelies should give it a read if fantasy and apocalypses are your jam!
If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- Right now? I’d like to live in an apartment either in Los Angeles, South Korea, or maybe New York. I just want to embrace minimalism somewhere new on my own and have access to technology.
Do you like to cook?
- Heck yes! There’s nothing more satisfying than sautéing a bunch of veggies and spices. Although, I don’t always succeed when I make up recipes…
Who would you change lives with if given the chance? Why?
- Demi Lovato because she’s kickass and a mental health champion.
What would you never change about yourself?
- My stubbornness. I refuse to lay down because I still have work to do here, and I strongly believe that’s what carried me all this time.
What would you tell your younger self?
- Your life will be happier than you can imagine one day. The bullies will go away and you will learn to speak up for yourself. You will be loved by yourself and many others. Time really will heal you and it’ll become your life goal to heal others. Also, never ever let other people dictate your self worth. You’re beautiful, smart, and strong no matter what they say.
If you could fast forward 20 years, would you? Why or why not?
- Nope! I’ve got flowers to smell, lessons to learn, people to help, tears to shed, and a life to live.
What superpower would you like to have, mind reading or strength?
- Strength. I don’t think I’d be able to deal with hearing other people’s thoughts on top of mine. (You lovelies know how noisy it’s inside my head.)
Who is your hero?
- I am. I had to rely on myself a lot to recover, and I guess I got lucky because I’m pretty trustworthy.
What would you want people to know about you instantly and why?
- I don’t like touching people or being touched, so no hugs please.
- I’m only quiet because I’m shy, trust me, you’re in for an earful if you stick around until I’m comfortable.
- If you love KPOP/anime/rooftop gardens/Batman/fantasy novels/Eastern philosophy (or philosophy in general), I love you.
- The reason? I need to know if you can handle my crazy.
11 Questions For You:
- What’s one of the biggest but hilarious mistakes you’ve made?
- Why did you start blogging?
- What would you do with a million dollars?
- Where is your happy place? Why is it your happy place?
- What’s your favorite literary genre? Why?
- What’s one of the best gifts you’ve received?
- How many stereotypes does your existence contradict? (Feel free to describe them.)
- What are your favorite things about your life?
- What’s one of your hobbies besides blogging?
- Coffee or tea? What’s your favorite brew?
- Do you think the world is getting better or worse? Why?
- Parallel Dichotomy
- The Sarah Doughty
- Okoto Enigma’s Blog
- Paper Fury
- Musings of Puppy Doc
- like mercury colliding
- The Richness of a Simple Life
- Finding Ikigai
- A Momma’s View
- Aspiring Thoughts
- A Mile In My Shoes
P.S. I FINALLY found the theme of my dreams! Isn’t it gorgeous? ❤